LINKS TO USEFUL HANDBOOKS
(NOTE: Most of the handbooks listed are in PDF format. If you do not have necessary PDF, etc., viewer software installed, click here to get free viewer software
– Provides information on benefits for Veterans and their dependents.
– Covers everything you need to know about the G.I. Bill, tuition
– Learn about serving in the National Guard and Reserves and all the benefits offered, including pay and enlistment bonuses, allowances, employment rights, education and training, health care, and retirement.
– Contains all the latest information about getting a college degree.
– Gives updated information on military pay, allowances, installations, benefits, TRICARE, social security and other important resources.
– Find helpful information on military benefits to assist Service Members who have retired or are planning to retire. Learn about computing retirement pay and all the other entitlements available to Veteran and their families.
– Written for veterans, the Veterans Healthcare Benefits Handbook gives you everything you need to know about: how to apply, veterans service centers, choosing a facility, changing a facility, second opinions, prescriptions and more.
– Provides online tools and resources to help families handle deployment. Includes a Soldier/Spouse Checklist, Deployment Survival Handbook, Army Guide to Family Readiness Group Operations, Deployment Health and Family Readiness Library and more.
– A handbook from the Department of Defense for the families of deceased Service Members.
– Offers a handbookpublished by the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund that outlines benefits, rights and resources available to Service Members and their families to help with financial, medical, educational, employment, legal and other needs
– Contact Navy casualty personnel toll-free at (1-800-368-3202).
– Navy families must be prepared for various emergencies- with or without their Service Member. This handbook provides vital information to ensure families are prepared as their own “first responders” and includes information on creating a Family Emergency Plan, completing Emergency Contact Cards and compiling an Emergency Supplies Kit.
– Provides life insurance and annuity products, assists Service Members and survivors in securing federal benefits and provides education on financial security matters.
– Find information and resources for IA’s and family members in the Navy Northwest region. Resources include contact numbers, handbooks and links.
– Offers information about the training and education needed for hundreds of different jobs, as well as earning potential, job search tips and job market information in each state.
– Provides articles on how to prepare for deployment in all Services, an online handbook for dealing with deployment while your loved one is away, and answers to frequently asked questions.
– Learn about SGLI\VGLI, including general provisions, accelerated benefits option,
– Find information on SSA programs, including guides, handbooks, benefits eligibility
FOREIGN MEDICAL PROGRAM
TRICARE Overseas Program Handbook
TRICARE Overseas Program Passport
TRICARE Overseas Program Prime Remote Fact Sheet
TRICARE Philippine Demonstratio